06 April 2011

The Workspace Reveal - The Desk Top


A quick download on the desk top. The desk is from IKEA, the Mikke. I wanted something narrow, long and with two drawers. This fit the bill perfectly and it works fantastically with the shelving unit which wasn't even a twinkle in my eye at the time I bought the desk. I also like that the desk has one metal leg and one wood leg. It also has a cord tray in the back so you can stash all your electrical cords back there and drop them down the side.

The banker's lamp I bought more than 10 years ago, I think from Target. The metal bulletin board, from The Container Store, uses both push pins and magnets. I actually have another one that I may hang on the left side above the document tray. I was going to take it back, but now I may just keep it. I like the low profile and it just works with the overall look without screaming bulletin board. It also helps me minimize clutter. You just can't jam that much stuff on a bulletin board that small.

The clock was from a friend and has been on several work desks with me over the years. It's perfect for a desk, angled so it's easy to see. My cup of colored pencils is there to both inspire me and be easily accessible for sketching ideas. I also have a coaster for drinks on my desk usually and a small tray for my glasses that are on and off so many times a day. This way at least I have a goal of where to put them in hopes of finding them later. I often have my 2011 vision board on my desk behind my computer. I like how clean it looks with nothing there sometimes too.

My last post in the Workspace Reveal will be all about the Printer Station tomorrow morning. It was my most "outlandish" addition to the space and the one I am most thrilled by. I'll be back later today with more fun, new content. It's your morning. Make it a good one!

1 comment:

Briana said...

This looks amazing! "A place for everything and everything in it's place!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...