09 March 2011

Fresh Flowers for Less Than $8 Per Week


image from wallpapers

As I have journeyed to find my most authentic self, create a home that is welcoming, warm and well organized, I have been thinking a lot about the value of fresh flowers. Fresh flowers can be very expensive. But I've found a way to incorporate them into my life each week spending betwen $3.50 and $7.99 a week.

I have been very inspired by Holly Becker, founder of Decor8 and author of the much anticipated upcoming book Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home, who always has some beautiful fresh flowers in her rooms. I know that while Holly is very successful at this point in her career, she is smart about her expenses and has worked fresh flowers into her regular budget for a while.

Another blogger who has inspired me to always have a few flowers around is Nina Holst of Stylizimo. I talk about both these bloggers quite a bit but it's because I think they both have so many inspiring ideas and so much that they share with their readers. Nina always has a few pretty flowers on her table and in her photos on her blog. From these two women I have been reminded that a few fresh blooms changes the entire feel of a home.

I have so enjoyed seeing my flowers each day. They are so good for the soul. I think it also helps us to appreciate nature each day. This past week the vase on my dresser, sitting in front of a window has created the most beautiful shadows and twinkled so beautifully in the dappled light from the blinds. So charming! I have a bud vase with one bloom at my bathroom sink, on my desk and kitchen window sill. Then I put the small vase on my dresser with the three or four blooms left.

I have been buying flowers at local farmer's markets, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I realized there are lots of great fresh flower options that I can afford if I look for them. And they do completely change the way I feel in my home and about my home.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, I want to hear more about the $3.50 flowers. :-) Where do I go for that? I love fresh flowers, too - they make such a difference, but for some reason, when I'm at the grocery store clutching my little coupons I freak out and walk away. Argh.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

A few weeks ago, I got two bunches of daffodils for $3 at Trader Joe's.

Glad your treating yourself to such a fun treat.

Fondly,
Glenda

Anjelina said...

Hi,

Fresh flowers are undoubtedly the most common form of home decoration especially for the purpose of adding color, freshness and zest to the home. It is a beautiful way to send your sentiments to your loves ones. Thanks a lot...

Send Flowers To Italy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...