28 July 2010

Great Kid Mispronunciations



One of the cutest things in the world is the way kids between two and four years old pronounce words.  I’ve been keeping a list of great mispronunciations I’ve heard the past couple of years and here are a few of my favorites with translation.

Understorms as in “I hate lightning and understorms.”
Hanga-burger  as in “Hanga-burger & frwies.”
Strada-berries (strawberries)
Tadamas  (PJs)
Elagator  “the thing you ride between floors in big buildings”
Statue of LIV-erty
Flit-flots (for the feet)
Beklauz as in “beclauz I said so”
Banoons (balloons)
Menmanade (lemonade)
Woofeses (wolves)
The Horse of July (our nation’s birthday)
Embellopes (Antelope)
Lye-rovi (Library)

I’m sure you have some great ones too! What are some of the classic kid words you loved in your family growing up or with your kids now?

photos via

1 comment:

Mandy said...

My friends daughter would always call us "maeycrishun" for Mandy and Christian. It didn't matter which one of us she was talking too, that was our name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...