14 July 2010

Before and After -- Play Table




I picked up this ratty little table and chairs at Goodwill last fall for nine dollars. I attempted to paint it once and it just didn't work the way I'd hoped. So I tried spray primer and  paint and this once ugly little table is now an eye catching gem. I will never paint with a brush anything I can spray paint now!

Just looking at her makes me so happy. I learned some good things on this project and gave new life to a cast off that looked like it had already seen its best days.


Paint cost a little more than I would like on this project, only because I bought paint for the entire project twice plus primer ($35). I found two little cushions at IKEA for $4 and then recovered them with fabric from JoAnn (1 yd. $8.99).

Total price was about $58. I spent a little more than I would have liked, but I could never find a children's table and chairs that I loved this much for anywhere near $58!



I saw so many things in the thrifts last week that I would've loved to buy and do a Before and After on. But alas, there is only so much room in one home. Stay tuned for more Before and Afters coming soon!

1 comment:

Amy @ Journey Mum said...

The little pillows are the perfect finishing touch. Even with having to paint twice you saved so much money. Since I've started buying so many things secondhand it is so shocking to see what you have to spend in stores.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...