16 July 2010

Before and After -- Bamboo Tray



Here's a quickie Before and After. Took only five minutes of my time. This is the inside surface of the lovely bamboo tray I picked up thrifting last week for $3. Some water stain issues, but nothing I thought couldn't be solved. I thought about glueing some pretty paper or fabric on the inside of the tray, but first I decided to just try conditioning the wood.


I remembered that I had some fantastic beewax finish by Clapham's in my kitchen drawers that I use on my wooden spoons, breadboards and other wood surfaces in the kitchen. To save my life I can't remember if I bought this at Williams-Sonoma or Restoration Hardware. Here's a link where you can see where it is available near you. The packaging has changed since I first purchased this, it's been a few years at least.

Here is the new and improved bamboo tray after a quick rubdown with Clapham's. It still has a nice aged patina but the water rings are nearly invisible.





Stay tuned for more Before and Afters coming soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is so pretty. What a wonderful way to recycle something damaged. And a good, wooden tray is so handy. I should get my hands on one soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...