Last night we attended a going away party for one of our favorite new college freshmen gals. Our other favorite college freshmen gal headed off to school last weekend. Friends are sending kids off to college and it feels like there's a real "off to college" vibe going on right now. It's a big step in life and what better time to give a fun, super useful gift.
Here are a few ideas:
1. A Sewing Kit and Craft Box -- this is what we gave our friend. Found a pretty floral box at the craft store and added a sewing kit and a few other sewing basics wrapped in a beautiful big ribbon. A place for her to put scissors and craft supplies too.
2. A Snack Kit: microwave popcorn, gum, chocolate chips, brownie mix…things to share and make friends with. The chocolate chips are the best way to boys hearts when baked up into some delicious cookies.
3. An Old School Letter Writing Kit: stationery, fun pens, stamps, address book
4. A Laundry Kit: detergent, laundry basket, stain remover, dryer sheets, and don't forget the quarters!
5. A Little Medicine Chest: ibuprofen and tylenol, vitamins C, multi-vitamins, adhesive strips, throat lozenges, antibiotic cream, eye drops, freezable ice pack, heating pad, a first aid treatment guide.
6. Toiletries Kit: shampoo, conditioner, razors, shaving gel, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.
7. Stay Healthy and Germ Free Kit: toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissues, hand soap, baby wipes.
8. Kitchen Supplies Kit: dish soap, dishwasher soap, sponge, brush, drying rack.
9. Bed Kit: cute sheets, new pillow, comfy cozy throw.
10. Comfort Kit: great blanket, tea/hot cocoa, eye pillow.
Any of these items wrapped up stylishly in a pretty box or basket will be a much appreciated staples that all college students need to get settled into their new life and hit the books.
Good Luck Traci and Olivia! We LOVE you!