15 January 2011

Inspiration from Stephanie Nielson of The NieNie Dialogues


photo from NieNieDialogues

I'm sure many of you have heard this, but I listened to it this weekend and had to share it. If you have been inspired by the NieNieDialogues and Stephanie Nielson's story you'll enjoy listening to this audiocast with Stephanie and her husband Christian. I've seen them on Oprah, read her blog and followed her story since a day or two after their accident and this interview was full of new things I had not heard before. It was nice to hear them just be able to talk without a lot of editing and sound bites.

The thing that struck me so beautifully in this radio interview is that Stephanie said that now in her life she had everything she wanted - and that was to be with her family, to be alive, to enjoy life. That's everything she really truly wanted even with all she's lost. Her perspective is not only beautiful but inspiring for us all. Do we realize we have everything we need and everything we want to be happy right now? Are we enjoying every day enough?

Life is good in all it's moments. I hope I am appreciating and loving it enough. Maybe that's never quite possible, to realize all we have, but I hope I grow and increase in wisdom to continue to appreciate it more and more.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thankyou for such inspiring words. You're so right. Too often we focus on what we don't have rather than all that we do.

knack said...

you are so amazing! what great words! so very true....

I had not hear this story before, I'm going to listen and check it out...

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...