13 January 2011

Be The Dream - Look the Part


I think I've mentioned that I'm taking the Mondo Beyondo class by Andrea Scher and Jen Lemen. We're two days in and I am already inspired and enjoying making new associations with classmates. It's going to be a fun five weeks. The basic premise of the class is to allow your dreams to come true by opening yourself up to them. That means removing imaginary barriers and having the courage to live the life you were meant to live.

As part of that thinking, I decided that one thing I would like to work on is looking like the woman I see in my dreams. I've also been thinking a lot about wardrobe and the philosophy of buying only things you love, rather than things on sale or cheaply disposable. I just said goodbye to a beautiful tunic I purchased in 2006. It finally disintegrated. But I knew the moment I saw it in a magazine that I had to have it. Then I saw it in another magazine and knew it would be a hit.

It ended up being one of the most commented on items of clothing I've ever worn and carried me through dates, work, travel and social events over the years. It was a go to piece. I'm committing to having a wardrobe where I love every piece or I don't buy it - a wardrobe that mixes and matches well and that I feel like "dream me" in. It's a fun place to start my dreaming.

Later this morning I'll post a few hints about where I'm headed fashion-wise this Spring. I'm going for Dream Girl 2011. So how about you, what are you dreaming about for your life? What is inspiring you this year?  What inspires your wardrobe choices?

photo by The Man

3 comments:

Michelle Donald said...

I know what you're saying - I too felt that I wasn't dressing in the clothes that were truly me and so being a colour consultant I actually started studying seasonal fashion colour palettes. Now I dress in 'my colours' - it has been totally life changing! I really feel like I'm dressing authentically now. Enjoy the course.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

It sounds like a great program...so interesting and enlightening. Oh boy, I think that is the dilemma for most of us. A closet stuffed with clothes but only one or two pieces we actually love. My problem is comfort versus aesthetics...I'm a comfort person all the way. Finding the perfect balance is like my holy grail. :) Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

How fun that you are taking another class. You must be like me . . . I really enjoy learning new things. It will be fun to hear all that you are learning.

Fondly,
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...