10 January 2011

Before and After: Project Restyle - Jewelry Tray


I saw this egg carton and had all sorts of ideas to make with it for the first week of Project Restyle. I decided if I'm going to challenge myself to do one restyle a week, I should start very simple and small and work my way into more complicated projects. In the end my egg carton got a quickie spray paint with my favorite orange and then a spray of polyurethane - then due to the overwhelming spray smell it had to sit outside for a couple of days.

Now every pair of earrings has a home in a bright, easy to see cup. Didn't cost a penny since I used paint from previous projects. I was expecting that I would have to cut it down for it to fit in my drawer, so I was very pleased to see it fit right in with just enough room on the side to store a few fabric flowers.

There were some very impressive projects completed this week for the Project Restyle. You can see them here. You can also see the favorite posts of the week at Beautiful Mess blog.

3 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

This is so cool - especially because just the other day, I was wondering if something like that would be DIYable!! :) Awesome.

Kelly said...

Ok, this is a little bit genius. I need some eggs - stat!

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

this is exactly what I was thinking and they are so stackable! I want your bread bowls too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...