09 March 2012

Driftwood Garland Reveal & Friday Thoughts

image by kalanicut

So here she is, my driftwood garland all finished up. I will confess that the drill was much easier to use after it had charged over night. Don't tell any men that. haa-haa. In the end she ended up being about five feet long, which is great. Now to decide where she will live. Iin the future I have this vision of her temporarily gracing a wedding cake table or guest book table. Could be a little toooo earthy but we'll see when the time comes.

Well it's Friday again already. Looking forward to a quiet weekend with The Man. I think it's time for a date night in the tiny convertible that never gets driven, a good dinner, maybe some Grom gelato or a really amazing cupcake.

I am also attending the funeral of a dear friend's dad who passed away suddenly last week. My friend's grandfather lived well into his 90s so to lose his dad at such a young age is a shock to everyone. It's a humbling reminder to be grateful for every moment we have with our loved ones and never take their presence for granted. I'm definitely going to milk the heck out of having my parents nearby for the first time in all the years I've lived in SoCal. Sending our love to our dear friends and everyone grieving this loss.

Next week here on the blog I will have some good stuff for you. A confession and a bit of repentance about my workspace, the COOLEST shop I found in San Francisco on my recent trip there - I still melt over the photos,  a post about the worst season of the year to visit on SoCal (if you don't live here you might be surprised) and more. See you then. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

I love, love, love your garland! It is muy fabuloso. That sounds ridiculous. The garland is awesome!

I am sorry about the sadness in your life as well as your friend right now. I know that feeling all too well these days. However, love that you are reminded to treasure the closeness of your parents. xo!

Kelly said...

The driftwood garland is gorgeous! I am so impressed. Projects involving drills scare me for some reason, which is probably good because I don't think my husband would be cool with the pieces of wood in my suitcase. Ha! Also, just wanted to say Kalani -- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...