23 January 2012

Front Entryway Refresh

image via Poppytalk

I haven't taken the opportunity to sit down and really organize 2012 yet. I knew January was going to be non-stop so I gave myself permission to just wait a while to dive into my strategizing for the year. Well, January is almost over but this will be the first week I will have some downtime at home.

I've been thinking a lot about organization especially in the home and how it creates the perfect atmosphere for happy, peaceful, calm living. I'm itching to have some time at home to move some things around. I decided to start at the front door and work my way through the place. My first step will be the front entryway.

image via House and Home

I realized that the bookcase in the front entryway needs a serious changing up. It's been nearly the same since the day I moved in five years ago. How boring is that? Bleck. And I definitely want to figure out a better way to organize all the keys and small papers that accumulate on the little cabinet there. I also need to figure out a way to organize the umbrellas, etc. in a small corner there.

I am having an internal battle with myself about really simplifying everything and keeping things very, very sparse and simple. I feel like that is what I need right now. But I don't want to simplify so much that the place loses it's sense of self and feels lifeless. My gemini self can always take two sides and make good sense of both sides.

image via House Beautiful

So we'll see how it goes. I thought I'd share some inspiring front entryways with you today. Maybe you are feeling the same itch to make your home work better for you and feel more stylish and reflect more of your personality.

image via House Beautiful

Here are a few links for some great posts all about front entryways.

Are you, like me, wanting to refresh the entire house? Are you focused on one room at a time? I'd love to hear what you're doing in the way of refreshing your home this January. I'll be back later this morning with a feature on a fantastic store I found in the Hayes Valley section of San Francisco. It's full of Scandinavian deliciousness! Happy Monday friends. Hope it's a wonderful day for you!

1 comment:

Briana said...

Really enjoyed reading this post. Your insights are spot-on with mine. I too want to simplify certain areas of my house but it's hard to find a balance. I think sometimes I use tchotkes as a crutch, ya know?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...