21 June 2011

A Big Drink First Thing in the Morning


I'm currently doing the Supreme 90-day Workout. I'm impressed so far and can definitely see an increase in my muscle tone, strength, agility and cardio endurance. Along with the workouts is a food plan by Tosca Reno, author of The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever! In the workout plan, she suggests drinking 32-ounces of water each morning before you eat anything.

Sounds like a lot doesn't it. But when you consider that your body probably hasn't had any water for 8-10 hours, it seems like it could use it. Part of being healthy also seems to be the ability for your body to remove unneeded material: waste, toxins, etc. and water helps to keep all that happening.

I've been trying to do this every day. Some days I forget. But I have noticed that the days I do I feel better and don't ever feel really hunger during the day. It's like I start the day with a feeling of fullness and it carries through. I also tend to drink more water throughout the day which helps maintain that feeling. There is also something I like about starting the day with this consciousness and how it helps me be more conscious about what I put in my mouth throughout the day.

I'm a long time believer that a good meal & hydration in the morning keeps the body from wanting to overeat or eat junk throughout the day. If I start my day healthy I have a much better chance of keeping it that way all day. I also like the idea of eating your biggest meals early in the day rather than before bedtime so you have lots of time to burn up the energy from those meals and keep it from sticking to the hips.

So, what do you think? Could you drink 32 ounces of water right off the bat each day? If you try it, let me know. I'd love to hear your experiences!

photo via XP Wallpaper

1 comment:

Little City Farm said...

I decided to try this 32 ounces of water first thing in the morning. I had been doing 8 ounces first thing which seemed substantial until I read about you doing 32, lol. It will probably curb my excessive tea drinking which would be good. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...