The weekend is a great time to let loose and have some silly fun. Sometimes running away from home and acting like a kid can refresh the soul in the most fantastic ways. Here are 10 silly, relaxing things you might try doing this weekend to shake off adulthood and all its responsibilities for a while.
1. Go fly a kite.
2. Go to an amusement park.
3. Build a sandcastle at a park or beach.
4. Visit a quirky museum in your town.
5. Go to a nature center.
6. Find a swing and pump and kick your way high into the sky.
7. Play tag, kickball, or with soaker water guns.
8. Rollerskate or iceskate.
9. Have a slumber party in the living room.
10. Plan a play date with friends and do any of the above.
Taking a real break from our every day stresses is so healthy for the mind, body and soul. The days we have run away from home and something totally unexpected have been some of the most fun memories I've had with The Man and The Bug in the past few years. They are the days that stay with us, revive us and bond us together. So run away this weekend and do something amazing that will surprise you, make you laugh and revive you. Then I want to hear all about it! Leave a comment.