09 May 2012

Stacking Bracelets For Summer

photo by kalanicut, catalog by Anthropologie

The cover of the May 2012 Anthropologie catalog I got in the mail last week inspired that I must do a post on all the beautiful bracelet stacking that is everywhere this spring. I always think of the very stylish Courtney Novogratz, who first caught my eye with her stacked friendship bracelets a couple of years ago on 9 by Design on HGTV. It's a colorful look that speaks happy, fun and easy-going to me. Those are three emotions that I always want to cultivate more of in my life.

Right now I'm rockin' the leather bracelet I made several months ago, with a simple, quarter-inch wide silver cuff I got in Mexico years ago and an ocean inspired, blue and green wood bead bracelet I made last week during a jewelry making session with The Bug. The wood bracelet turned out so nice that I'm thinking of whipping up a few more.

Here are other favorite images from the blogosphere that totally make my heart sing with joy for stacked bracelets.

what-do-i-wear:

D.I.Y. Embellished Friendship Bracelets (image: honestlywtf)
Embellished Friendship Bracelets via Honestly WTF
Confetti Wrap Bracelet

And since these are so fun to make and there are so many great tutorials out there, I'll conclude this post with a bunch of links so you can get inspired by all the creativity out there and make some of your own. If you make some, I'd LOVE to see them. I'm definitely going to make more and I will post them for you to see soon.

DIY Wrap Bracelets & Embellished Friendship Bracelets from HonestlyWTF
Bracelets on Pinterest
Friendship Bracelets by Kara of Talkin' Chow Playin' House
Word Bracelets by Happy Hour Projects

Have a great day. Thanks for coming by.  XOXO.

P.S. Here's a follow up post I did mixing and matching bracelets for a variety of stacked looks. Lots of photos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...