14 February 2013

Valentine's Day Heart Garlands


Happy Valentine's Day. Hope you have a sweet day in every way. Using my favorite new paper punch and a roll of hemp twine and sparkly, silver ribbon I whipped up a bunch of very simple little heart garlands to give to friends.


 I also couldn't help but string a few around the house to charm things up for the season on chests and bookcases.


One thing I love about garlands is that they are so easy to fold up and store year after year in a small envelope. For their simplicity and size they pack a cozy, friendly decorating punch.

Today I'm delivering a few cookies and garlands to neighbors and friends. I'm not sure what we're going to do to celebrate Valentine's Day without The Man yet. I'm thinking about pancakes, strawberries and whipped cream for dinner. Festive in color, frilliness and delicious in taste. I've been trying to eat really well so today the gift I'm getting is that I'm allowing myself to eat some sweets: chocolates, cookies, etc. 

Hope your day is warm and charming, spent with people you love. I hope you get the chance to share your love today too. Happy Valentine's Day!

all images by kalanicut

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What a sweet heart you have ... to reach out to others, even when your man is away on this Valentines. I love that about you, Kalani.

Fondly,
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...