07 December 2012

Receiving The Holiday Spirit


Just a quick hello today. Don't you love these vintage snowman ornaments? They remind me of everything I loved about my grandmother's house and all the magic she created each holiday season. Some lucky duck snagged these off of Etsy just a couple of days ago. They are surely a magical addition to any Christmas home.

Last night I had the chance to go to my dear friends' bell choir concert. They perform a few times every holiday season and every year perform the first week of December at a local holiday celebration. It's a wonderful way to open the holiday season and has become a tradition that I always look forward to. They will perform again in a few weeks and I look forward to seeing their amazing talents one more time.

I have been enjoying all the holiday made-for-TV movies again this year. Might I recommend November Christmas, on the Hallmark Channel. I am sure it won't be hard to find on Hallmark Channel this month or I am sure it's also available on DVD, perhaps through Hallmark itself. Sam Elliott stars and he plays just the very best of men. I've always had a soft spot for his deeply thoughtful, slow-talking way, but he is at his best as Jess Sanford. Watching this movie reminded me of the touching hand of community and the beauty of living a very noble life of service to others. It's a movie that very inspiring and great for all ages. Have a few tissues on hand.

As we close in on a new year and celebrate the true meaning of this season, it's a great time to find a little inspiration to live a more beautiful, loving life. That is a great feeling to have in our hearts as we begin a new year with new aspirations and hopes.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...