04 July 2012

Happy July 4th - God Bless America

image via

Sending you the very best wishes for this day, especially if you are in the U.S. and celebrating Independence Day. Today I am feeling grateful for all who have sacrificed for the safety and well-being of our country. I am thinking of families who are celebrating without their loved ones who are posted in far away and often dangerous places. I am thinking of The Colonel and The General both who have set such a great example in their service and commitment to our country.

I am thinking about ancestors who made tremendous sacrifices to seek a better life for their families here in the United States. I am also thinking of my own beloved family who I will get to celebrate this day with. This year I will wave the flag a little more vigorously and pray a little harder for the protection and safety of those who stand in harms way. I will be more grateful that I can do all these things in freedom and pray that our freedoms continue to be protected and preserved. Happy Birthday America. May God bless and preserve you.


I love this song, although it cracks me up that one of the most beautiful versions of this song is sung by a Canadian. Thanks Celine. Maybe Lee Greenwood should return the favor and do a really awesome version of Oh Canada. Haahaa. If you want to see some inspiring Patriotic images, check out my Pinterest boards My Home Sweet Home and Support Our Troops. You might tear up a bit. Have a great day!

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful patriotic post, K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...