20 August 2012

The Obvious Signs of A Family Weekend

Last week was a big one. Big challenges, big prayers, big events, big miracles and big blessings. Then to wrap it all up a super fun weekend adventuring around some of our favorite haunts.

Post weekend around the house I have found little piles of dinosaurs and fuzzy puppies, a summer dress dropped on the floor in the living room, my gardening shoes mysteriously in the dining area, markers spread all over the coffee table, letters ready to mail that are full of pictures and love messages, and remnants of other projects lying around. I also still have a couple of big pots soaking in the kitchen sink. The dishwasher ran last night for the first time in a few days and it might have been the most crammed dishwasher I have ever seen.

All signs of a lovely family-style weekend. We also went to some favorite spots. We enjoyed a yummy dinner on the patio at our favorite Mexican restaurant, a walk around gorgeous gardens with beautiful views, a photography safari and time spent with some of our favorite people at church on Sunday.

I was feeling it last night, perfectly....happily.....tired. I had some of the best sleep I've had in a while this weekend, which was great, especially considering I haven't slept well for the past couple of months.

It was a great end to the week. Now I feel like I need to rest up again and have a post-weekend weekend to catch my breath. This should be a great week. I have a lot of fun things going for the blog. I'll share with you how the Pin Test stain remover project went tomorrow. I'll share a book I just learned about that really has me thinking. I'll share some thoughts about my grandfather's diet. I've been thinking about that a lot lately, almost every day in fact. And I have a few other good things in store for you.

How are you spending these last weekends of summer? Doing any favorite activities? I'd love to hear your great ideas.

images by kalanicut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...