02 December 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange


The holiday projects have begun in earnest in my house now. I'll be sharing those in the coming days. Things are slowly but surely looking more and more holiday festive.

I was very happy to participate in the Handmade Gift Exchange for a second time this year. It's a great challenge to volunteer to make something smashing to send away to a complete stranger. It sounds great until that moment when you rethink all your ideas and wonder if any of them will work. Then there's the moment when you complete your gift and start to wonder if it's completely lame. Then you just have to buck up and put it in the mail anyway.

Due to an unexpectedly busy November, I didn't have a chance to focus on my gift until this week, so I've been scrambling to get things done. Last week I spent more than two hours wandering around the fabric store trying to pull ideas together and hitting wall after wall. In the end I decided to make a little holiday pillow and garland. It's all in the mail on it's way to my trade partner.

You can find out more about the Handmade Gift Exchange by clicking on the link. You can also see what other crafters have made for the holiday exchange. To what I made for the previous gift exchange right click here and see what I received from my partner in Australia. I've decided it's fun to have a few extra surprises during the holidays. I am looking forward to receive the package sent to me today too. The Handmade Gift Exchange is a great way to add a little extra fun to the holiday season.

images by kalanicut

3 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

I love your pillow! Is it hand-stamped? I'd love to participate but I can't seem to get my friends' and family's handmade gifts done so they need to be top priority.

Kelly said...

I love the way your pillow turned out -- simple, but elegant! Great job on the fabric choice. Love that texture with the white and little pops of red.

kalanicut said...

Thanks ladies. I used a stencil for the snowflake, then stamped the rest. I actually had to hand paint it in a bit to sharpen up the letters. A little nerve wracking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...