19 September 2012

Fix Its Are Great Once Completed

image via

I am sure I am not the only one who always seems to have a list of things that need to go out to be fixed: shoes, clothing, broken electronics, furniture that needs reupholstering, car repairs and more. Then there's always dry cleaning and mending that needs to be done. It's always a joy and a relief once they are done. I often ask myself why I didn't do it sooner.

Right now I have two fairly critical fix-its on my list and I know they are going to be painful. But not in cost, rather in inconvenience. One is my laptop. It's overheating and shutting down and it's under warranty so needs to go in ASAP. The other is my new cell phone which seems to ring when on silent and worse, the headphones jack does not work - and I just got this phone a couple of months ago. If I'm without those two items at the same time, I am, in our modern world, basically cut off from the world. (Dramatic gasp!)

But I think it's time to bite the bullet and get this misery over with. It's not going to get any better if I keep putting it off, in fact it's just prolonging the pain. But I will be so happy to get these two things taken care of. What a relief it will be and how much less frustrated I will be. I'll spare you the details of putting my laptop in front of a large fan and with ice packs underneath it to try to keep it from overheating. So it's time to just do it. Luckily I have The Man's old laptop (from circa 2005) that I can use until I get my computer back. Fingers crossed it's not too long. And hopefully the phone will be fixed with just one visit to that big fruit computer giant's all white store.

So while I'm making a confession about my fix-it list, what's on your fix it list that you should just get taken care of already? I'll look forward to reading your comments from Mr. Laptop 2005, haa-haa. But it will probably take me 10 minutes to get the internet open first, sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...