29 July 2014

A Quick Peek At the Cost Plus Clearance Shelves


Last night I had about an hour to kill. I'd been out all day and didn't want to go home and then drive back out a few minutes later. So I decided to stop by Cost Plus World Market and do some window shopping for a while.

I thought it would be a good opportunity to get ideas for dining tables and chairs, light fixtures and other things for that "new home" that I have up my sleeve and we have in our future. I didn't get far when I turned the corner and ran into the clearance shelves. I was stopped in my tracks by visions of orange and bright color combinations. I am such a sucker for them even though I try to be so neutral. I think my neutrals are really just a base for all my bright colors in the end.

Loved this green, white and red/orange pillow. It feels of India to me. Which is where my very lovely sister is right now. You can follow her awesome service trip & adventures on Instagram here. Let's just say before she even got to India her trip had already turned into a pretty insane adventure...And now yoga on a rooftop overlooking the Ganges. Are you kiddin' me?! I have another India connection swirling around right now too that is inspiring me. More on that another day I hope.


Fuschsia and orange, another favorite combo. I see these two pillows working it together with a solid fabric friend (maybe cream colored rough woven linen?) on a sofa somewhere in my life. 
Mmm, yummy.

Lastly if you have a patio umbrella that needs a little upstyling from the blah beige fabric it came with check out the clearance aisle for these brightly colored umbrella canopies. There were varying sizes, colors and patterns. That would sass up the deck and your next dinner party, wouldn't it!


I had a great walk through the window treatments section. They have a lot of draperies that I very much liked. I would be very interested in several of them for that future living place. There was also a nice selection of rugs and runners too.

After this I started over to the lighting section and just as I saw a hanging light fixture that completely excited me I got a call from The Man and had to leave immediately because our time schedule had changed. I turned and left right then without ever getting a good look at that great light fixture. Needless to say I have a return visit on my agenda next time I am in that neighborhood. I didn't even get over to the furniture and art sections.

I feel happy for the shoppers who will get these great clearance items. Fifty percent off is a serious end of summer retail season sale. Good stuff. Watch your favorite retailers for end of summer savings right now. It's time for them to clear the shelves and pretend it's winter. Just think, Christmas stuff will be appearing in just a few weeks! Crazeeeeeey.

P.S. Speaking of the holidays. I still haven't given a blink of thought to Christmas gifts for this year. What will I make???? Hmmmm. It's almost August people. Time to get cooking on that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...