Sometimes in life, it feels like things are moving 90 miles a minute around you, and you have very little control over how things are going to unfold. You are in a position where you have to do whatever little acts you can and then just wait and let things unfold. As much as we'd all love to control everything (seriously, right?!) things just don't work out that way and we have to go through the ebb and flow of letting things work out.
As terribly frustrating as that is, that process is full of life lessons: learning to Let Go and Let God, having and exhibiting faith that things will work out, learning about our own nature and what lessons we are meant to learn and where we need to grown and change to successfully see our way through the experience.
Sometimes when found in this position it's helpful to have a few good distractions to keep one calm, focused on what's most important and to get one's mind off one's worries at times. Here are a few good options:
- Start reading a great book. A good distraction you can employ for a few minutes or a few hours.
- Watch some of your favorite films you haven't seen for a while or create a list of movies you wanted to see and never did.
- Go for a walk in a place that calms you -- the beach, a religious site, the mountains, etc. This is so helpful for clearing the head.
- Help out at a charity. I recently spent time helping out at a big charity event. It was a great way to open my mind up to bigger issues than mine. I met some great people, had a great time. Came away a better woman
- Do something nice for a neighbor or friend - help them in the yard, watch their kids, write a kind note of encouragement. Helping others is a great way to focus on someone other than you and the good feeling you get warms your heart and builds your confidence.
- Get together with friends. It's great to reconnect, encourage and get encouragement from friends. It's amazing what will come up in conversation that is exactly what you need to hear to keep you going.
- Dream big. Think about things that inspire you and write them down, draw them out and create an inspiration board to keep you going towards your dreams.
- Sleep. It's a great way to let the body relax. Stressful situations sometimes make sleep difficult, try to take a nap, try to sleep extra when you can. Your body and mind will thank you for it and you'll be able to think and perfom with greater clarity.
- Exercise and eat healthily. Stress reducing, energy building.
Sometimes you just need some good distractions to keep you sane. What are your favorite distractions? Please do share! Leave a comment, share your thoughts!!