27 May 2010

Olde Good Things - Los Angeles


May is my favorite month of the year. The month I was born, the month when Spring and Summer really make themselves known, the end of the school year, Memorial Day Weekend. Nothing but good things.

This month has been nothing like my favorite month of the year. That will explain the lack of posts this month. But I am coming back with a vengeance and lots of new inspiration. The Phoenix rising from the ashes. I am always comforted when in the midst of a terrible period, my brain and creative center really start percolating. That is always a sign to me that good things are coming. And boy and I ready for some GOOD THINGS to start coming.

On that note, I recently went on a date night to Olde Good Things, an architechural salvage and altered antiques shop in Los Angeles. If the name sounds familiar, the NYC shop was recently featured on 9 by Design, on Bravo. We wandered round and round the shop, continually finding new and inspiring pieces. Some of our favorite pieces were a wood propeller that was hung high in the rafters and this table, which stopped us both in our tracks when we came upon it.


Here are a few other favorites.  

HIghly recommend a visit to Olde Good Things whether you are just looking for inspiration to refresh your living space, are looking for small pieces to perk up your place or are ready for some serious investment pieces to really set your home apart from the crowd. We had a great visit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...