I was reading friend and stylist Beverly Jacobs' blog this week and followed a link over to the sandals section at Steve Madden. I saw so many sandals there that I like that I had to share my excitement. Since leaving the desk job world and joining the "spend my weekends at museums, parks, zoos and beaches" world I've become a pretty big fan of a comfortable flat sandal. I don't wear my four-inch high sandals much anymore except maybe to an appointment or to church.
From top left to right here are my favorite nine sandals from this season at Steve Madden:
1. Gildedd: These come in this multi-colored look or in a multi-metallic version. I should mention that all of these sandals come on more than one color option.
2. Dressel: Classic, simple style looks good with everything.
3. Donddi: Love the black and gunmetal gray together. Basic with a twist.
4. Giliann: The contrasting materials again take something simple and turn it on its ear a bit.
5. Flexi-P: A kick of animal print sassiness. I love it -- in VERY small doses.
6. Gleamin: Leather and sparklies are always a good mix.
7. Meetra: The color combo here makes these workable with earth tones, bright colors or blacks and whites.
8. Rugidd: I love the little added detail of two straps at the ankle on this pair. Simple and chic.
9. Marked: The nice thick sole on these provides cushion for the feet on long days. Again love the simplicity.
I guess if you were to describe all of these they are old classics with a little fun updating. They hearken to the little girl in us with big girl, big city styling. They are all cute, colorful and something fun and eye-catching for the feet.Which are your favorites? Do you have a go to summer sandal every year or several?
all images via Steve Madden