16 August 2011

DIY Kindle Case #3


The day I posted my first DIY Kindle cases I got an urgent phone call from someone near and dear who desperately needed a kindle case. Happily we also had a really nice conversation that day which is always a treat. So seriously, how could I resist putting a little something in the mail. Putting little somethings in the mail is something I love to do and want to do more. Right now I have about 10 letters and thank you cards I want to get in the mail.

So I whipped this up this afternoon. This time I cut two pieces of the two-sided fabric so that the inside is the other color. I doubled over the fabric for extra thickness again and sewed on a little ribbon tie at the top. Super easy, took about 20 minutes at a slow pace. Total cost was about $3. I bought 1/3 yard of double-sided quilted fabric for $4.40 and used half of it. The whole roll of ribbon was $1 and I used about 1/2 of it.

And now I have a little something to pop in the mail tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun. I also started making pelmet boxes for my bedroom & bathroom. You can see my first pelmet box creative process here, and here you can see the final product. I've been going through a whole debate about pulling down the horrible vertical blinds, but I decided to just leave them because I don't know how long I'll be living here and taking them down means I need a place to store them. So I decided to make matching pelmet boxes for the bathroom and bedroom window. Here's the fabric I'm using.


It's a circular patio tablecloth I bought at TJMaxx for $12. I bought it last summer with the idea to do something in my room. Decided to finally just make it happen. I'll share the pelmet box details soon.

This post is linked to Good Life Wednesday at A Beach Cottage. You'll love seeing all the posts from around the world. Take a moment to check out Sarah's beautiful garden. A bounty of beautiful things to eat! Her home and fashions are inspiring as well. A Beach Cottage is a great place to visit.

images by kalanicut

2 comments:

becky said...

What a quick and easy gift to make a friend! I have a special kindle-owner in my life that could use one of those...

and I used the same fabric to re-do my blinds on the back door into pseudo-roman shades.. such a great print! love it!

abeachcottage said...

That is so nice, lovely fabric and make such a great gift. Thanks for your kind words and also for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...