01 August 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange - What I Received


Hope your Monday is going well! Had to share with you the delicious treats I received all the way from New Zealand from my gift swap partner Michell. I have been looking for a long time for a very lightweight little tote bag for the summer. Something I could drop a camera, wallet, lip gloss and keys into and take off on adventures without the weight of a great big purse. Michell, a quilter, whipped up this lovely little bag from a packet of quilt squares.


It is so perfect for me and I love that I it lays totally flat in a suitcase for travel too. I found these two little orange fabric pins from Anthropologie in my jewelry drawer and thought they'd look great and pinned them on. Love how they look on the green fabric.

Michell also included some beautiful sewing needles, a pen and keychain from New Zealand and a lovely post card from her city. It's so much fun to see the little geographic treats you get when you trade internationally and it's great to learn about new places you didn't know a lot about.

I must say Michell, thank you so much for the lovely treats from your home and your hands. They are treasured! You can see what I sent here. And again a big thank you to Linda from CraftaholicsAnonymous for putting the swap together. It was great fun. The next sign up is coming soon so if you are interested keep an eye on her site for more details.

photos by kalanicut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...