30 August 2011

New Business Cards

Last Thursday night I realized I had not yet had time to think about designing and ordering business cards to take with me to the book signing on Friday night. I decided to try to whip something up on my own with a little help from Microsoft Word and OfficeMax. I used a Word template and then spruced it up a bit.

There is one sad part about these cards. Because I ended up stuck in downtown LA all day Friday I didn't have time to go all the way home to pick them up. What a drag. So I had to go to the event without them. But that means I still have a nice big stack of them to enjoy for future needs. Ha.Ha. Trying not to think about how many hours I spent Thursday night that I could've used doing something else.

Anyway, I decided to make the business cards a little smaller than normal and then mount them on different pretty papers. I think they are still a little big, but I think they're fine since so many creative people are doing so many different shapes and sizes these days. After working with a lot of creative people and receiving a lot of business cards over the years I am a traditionalist when it comes to the rectangle size and shape not because they are my favorite but because they are easier to keep track of and store with other cards. From an artistic point of you I love anything different. I guess I did a little of both with these. Now I just need another event to go to with them as my date.

It's nice to have a few different varieties to use depending on my mood and the event. The great part is that I used paper scraps from my last year's Christmas cards so my total expense for the cards was just $10 for printing the green cards. I did everything else with my trusty paper cutter and a glue stick.

Do you have a favorite of these cards? Do you have a favorite size and shape for business cards in general? A favorite template resource? Have a fantastic day and thanks as always for coming by. 

This post is linked to the Good Life Wednesday Link-up Party at A Beach Cottage. There's a great post there today by host Sarah as well as fun links from around the blogosphere! Check it out.

4 comments:

Little City Farm said...

If I had to pick, I would choose the floral on the top left, but really the charm is that it is an eclectic mix. Great idea - turned out so pretty. Too bad you didn't get to use them this time, lol.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

They are so pretty! I love them! It's a bummer we didn't get to see them in person on Friday.

Kelly said...

These turned out so cute! I can't believe how quickly you pulled these together. They look great.

abeachcottage said...

They are really lovely business cards. Thanks so much for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...